General guidelines - Decide on the date of disposal not try to sell after Christmas, or the number of modification. It is better to sell the car when it has a relatively low mileage (under 42,000 cars in three years). For older cars, it is important that the vehicle is in good condition at the time of sale, and had a clear history. You will have to submit all relevant documents to keep them on file. Logbook, MOT, manual and all receipts for repairs and spare parts.
Trade in your car - This is a quick and fairly easy to sell their used cars. It is useful to keep your car in the glowing condition first washing, cleaning and inspection. Often, as a merchant gives you a good price for your car, except that they may be paid by raising the price of the car you buy. Quotes for a new car from several suppliers, some with and some without tradein tradein. Compare prices to see what is actually being offered for your car.
Selling Dealer - This is a quick way to sell your car. However, the price you receive will not be as good as advertising privately.
Sold at auction - This is a quick way to sell your car. You must set a minimum price or the car could be sold for only $ 50. Auction house, will receive 10% of sales proceeds.
Private sale - This is the best way to get a good price for your car, but not perfect. You want to choose where to sell, how to sell the car and how to reach agreement with potential buyers.
Advertising - This can be done in newspapers, magazines, cars, national newspapers, websites and even clubs of enthusiasts. Many sites have special arrangements that may be valuable. Ad itself must be fair and include:
Brand and model of car
* Age / year of car
* All addons (alloy wheels, air conditioning)
* Number of previous owners
* Length of Service tax history MOT /
* Picture taken in daylight with a neutral environment
* Area you live
Almost all cars site charges $ 20 to $ 60 for advertising space to sell your car.
Preparation for sale -
* Clean the inside and outside the car it can increase the value of hundreds of dollars!
* Cushions the car with good car shampoo, rinse and dry with a towel.
* Clean Tcut fine car.
* Find a specialist clean if you do not have the time or inclination necessary to clean the car too.
* Clean the panel, glass and upholstery.
* Vacuum carpets and replace older, ragged mattresses.
* To support the recovery of some lamps, touch up scratches, restore damaged windscreen wipers.
* The establishment of oil, coolant, brake fluid and screenwash. It may be helpful to change the oil if the car was not met recently.
* Restoration of wheels. If your car has alloy wheels, make sure they are impeccable.
* Some experts joins can be compromised, for example, racing steering wheel, door handles arts or copper alloy pedal.
* All the above emphasize that the car was to wellcared, which is what buyers want to see.
Dealing with potential buyers -
1. You need to be ready for Rovers, and people who do not return to you.
2. You also need to be aware that the car can be a target for thieves, and if the necessary security measures.
3. People will have to test-drive the cars that should not go alone, and if you're a woman may be safer to bring a friend.
4. The record of trial, allowing them to take their own route.
5. Be prepared to negotiate the price. It may be better to have fewer than risk not selling anything.
6. Be patient, it is common for buyers to receive expert advice before making an offer, but it shows they are actually taken into account.
7. If possible, make a deposit and place a time limit until the deposit will be refunded (in case the purchaser is supported by tender).
8. See details of the buyer's name, address and telephone number. It may be safer to obtain identifying information to verify this.
9. In the box / bankers is the most secure and simple. However, if you are given a personal check, wait for the check to clear before handing over the keys and title to the buyer.
10. Fill out and complete the basic rules and regulations to upgrade the police no longer have a car and are not responsible for the damage.